Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stonehenge and Salisbury

Right, I was gonna blog more often. Here we go. Last friday we went to Stonehenge and then spent the day in Salisbury (the nearby town). Stonehenge was cool, especially since no one knows for sure what the stones were put there for ( I think we can all agree that it was an Alien portal). It was a bit chilly, but on saturday I bought a coat and all is well. The rest of the day we wandered around Salisbury, taking a tour of the local Church and getting dinner before going to a show at the local theater. The Church was really cool, it was at least 700 years old, and the water table is barely four feet below. They even pulled up a tile, put a measuring pole in, and showed us how close the water level was. The baptismal font in the middle had a perfectly level surface, in which you could see a perfect reflection.
The show we saw was A Month in the Country, which was alright but the book is better. Last night we went to see In a Dark Dark House, and they brought the female lead from the American version on Broadway. It was very depressing, and i'm not sure what I was supposed to take away from it, but I suppose we'll discuss that in theater class next week. It was better at least than the modern adaptation of Othello we saw last week, so i'll count the small blessings. Today is thanksgiving (!!) and we're having a huge feast for all the Americans. At last count I think there will be 42 people there, between students and their families. I'm making yams, though at the moment I haven't a clue how to go about doing that. Attempting to make yams is probably more accurate. I bought yams, marshmallows, butter, and brown sugar. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hope everyone has a happy turkey day! Catch ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Been there too. It looks better from a distance in my view. From the road.

    ReplyDelete