Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yam failure

Yeah, yams didn't turn out so well. Apparently the British grocery store 'yams' are not the same thing as american ones. On the outside they looked the same, but they're white on the inside and taste more like regular potatoes, but slightly sweeter. Close, but no cigar. So that didn't work out at all, but thanksgiving was fun all the same. Friday I took an epic walk through Hyde Park, which as been decked out with a ferris wheel and carnival (Winter Wonderland) for Christmas. Saturday was a lovely day- Kylie and I thought we'd try to go to the Tate Modern and the London Transport Museum, but we severely underestimated the potential of the Transport Museum. It was awesome. We ran around, got to climb on stuff, got to wear stuff, got to pretend to drive stuff, and do a little scavenger hunt with stamps. Yes I realize i'm a University student, and yes I realize that these things were geared towards kids, but we literally spent the entire day in the museum and it was COMPLETELY worth it.When we first started trying on these costumes we were baffled, because they were so small! Then we realized they were for children, but don't worry, that didn't stop us.
They had models of what some of the original metropolitan line cars looked like. There were creepy models of people on the inside, but it was cool to have life-size models.

Look, Ma! I'm driving a tram! I actually don't know what the controls did, but it was so much fun to just mess around with everything!
This poor wax-model chap fell asleep on the tube. Technically I may not have been supposed to be in that area of the model train, there may have been a 'Do Not Enter' sign I had to move aside to sit next to him, but don't we look great together?

Anyway, today I went to the Science museum for research, and I have to go write a paper based on what i've found. Hope you enjoy the pictures, it was one of my favorite museums i've been to so far. Hasta!

2 comments:

  1. I yam sorry about the yams. Ba dump bump. Oh, and (from your earlier post) - nice hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a MARVELOUS adventure! I check in on your blog often and am so happy for you. Continue to enjoy! -Renee

    ReplyDelete