Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nearing the end

I haven't got much to report, but this lets me put off my homework for a second longer. I've only got two more weeks left here, which seems strange. I've grown so accustomed to living here, even in ways I don't consciously think about. Kylie asked me the other day if I thought i'd have trouble driving when I got back. I said "No, I haven't driven a car here so there's nothing to mess me up. I'm sure out of instinct i'll drive on the left side of the road, its just when i'm walking about that I might look the wrong way" She just sort of looked at me and said "Do you mean 'drive on the right side of the road'?" Woops. So maybe i'll take a break from driving and busy intersections for a bit when I get back.

I've finally discovered the beauty of the public library system here (they've got nationalised health care, I don't know why public libararies all of a sudden impress me so much). Its wonderful because i'm getting work done (well, not now, right now i'm blogging...) and i'm getting out of the house (hurray!) and i'm not paying for time by refilling on tea. I suppose I ought to head back to working. Or rather, should start working. Tonight i'm gonna go see the giant Christmas tree in Trafalgar square get lit up. There'll be choirs there and maybe if i'm really good it'll snow. Right, heres me being a good and dutiful student, going back to my studies. I'll write again soon!

1 comment:

  1. You and Lola can go play in the snow together - she canNOT get enough of the stuff! Doesn't understand why I won't let her bring it in the house, either. Oh, and then sticks her hands in your face "my finners are cold!" (Really?) Freaks.

    I know you're going to miss London but you'll always have Paris?

    heh.

    xoxo
    mum

    ReplyDelete