Sunday, December 7, 2008

Final countdown

Only a few days left, its crazy! This week I saw the show August: Osage County, which was really interesting. They managed to make it funny and moving, although I thought the audience was a bit too quick to laugh. We also went to a football match yesterday, which was awesome. I'm not much of one to get into sports too much, especially not the ones where everyone is obnoxious as they watch it *cough*americanfootball*cough* but I had a really good time. I was shouting and cheering right along with the rest of the crowd. I went for the local team, Queens Park Rangers, and I bought a QPR scarf as a souvenir. The colors are the same as Lawrence, so I can just pretend thats who i'm trying to support.

It was a little chilly, but I really didn't need to be wearing the scarf. Whodathunk that its December now? When we got to the stadium Kylie and I each picked a footballer to follow, just so we had someone to cheer for, and I picked N. 14: Martin Rowlands. Turns out he was one of the best players on the team, and he ended up scoring the winning goal! Well, he actually scored the only goal, which is to say the score was 1:0. So anyway, the game was really really fun. This week we'll see one more show (the last of the year) and there'll be a small secret santa gift exchange before we all head home. In between now and then i've got loads of homework to do. So off I go, to do the final push!

No comments:

Post a Comment