Friday, October 10, 2008

A good two days.

Alright, scratch the whole Covent Garden idea, but I did spend the afternoon in Greenwich instead. A group of five of us took a river boat to Greenwich, and I even passed by one of my favorite buildings. I don't know what that egg shaped building is called, but anyone that can tell me gets bonus points. Once we arrived at Greenwich we met up with two of our professors and their son at the market. We grabbed sandwiches and had a picnic, followed by a tour of the National Maritime Museum and a trip up to the Prime Meridian. The view was amazing, and in the background of this picture (taken from the building housing the Prime Meridian showcase) you can see the Queens House (middle) attached to the National Maritime Museum (left).

Today my evolutionary biology class to a field trip to visit the Down House, where Charles Darwin wrote "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection". We toured the house (sorry, no pictures allowed) and also the grounds. Boy-oh-boy were his grounds spectacular. There were rows of gardens, fields, forests, hills, hedges with doorways cut out, and stone walls weaving throughout it all. Hide and seek must have been AMAZING round there. After we finished up there we went to go eat at a local pub, but I only had a card on me so there was no food to be had for me. The day finished with us checking out the local church/cemetary in front of our bus stop, and the nicest old man came up and offered us an impromptu tour.

All in all it was a very productive two days, and we'll see what this weekend yeilds. I've attached a picture of all the exchange students and me in front of our dorm. I was told folks liked the pictures of me in all these different places, so I swear that's why i've added so many, it's certainly not because of any photogenic confidence ;) And that's that for me, i'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment