Wednesday, October 1, 2008

London at last


Well, I finally made it! Got here early, i'm staying in a hostel. The directions were quite misleading, but in the end i'm here. Today we walked around, wandering till we got lost. We went quite a few miles but in the meantime we were able to locate all the nearest grocery stores, laundry mats, parks (except Hyde park) and hospitals. I bought the fixin's for pb'n'j sandwiches, which i'll likely live off of till I get to the dorms. The weather is nice and cool, no rain yet, and its been a blast just taking in the natives from a less touristy perspective. Tomorrow: Hyde Park shall be conquered. Tonight: A group movie in the kitchen and then pass out time!

Also, trying to cross the streets here has led me to think hard about my own mortality. Its a combination of fast cars in opposite lanes than i'm used to, more cars in general than I usually have to deal with, and motorcyclists who don't have to heed any sort of lane lines at all. I can't decide if getting a bike for while i'm here is worth my time or asking for death. Only time can tell. Gotta fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment