Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nearly a week later...

Well, I suppose thus ends the keeping up with the blog regularly, huh? It is now thursday, nearly a week since the last post. Lets see if I can't remember what i've done...Well, saturday I went to portobello road and walked through the market. I'll have to go back on a weekday, when there are less shops and more food. Not that I bought any of the deliciously fresh produce, but I enjoy walking through and people watching in that sort of a setting. Reminds of the farmers market back home I suppose. Sunday was a completely gorgeous day, so of course I spent the morning and afternoon reading on the grass near round pond and promptly falling asleep. I have a lovely tan line round my watch band as proof. I had lots of stuff with me (my camera, bag, jacket, books, etc) and I didn't want any of it to get stolen while I slept, so I tried to have my hands/arms/legs draped over all of my things, and i'm sure it must have been an odd sight.

Monday tuesday and wednesday were all days filled with classes. Tuesday I did go and see a Harold Pinter show called 'No Man's Land'. The most exciting thing about that show was the fact that the actors that played Dumbledore and Filch in the Harry Potter movies were the lead actors in the show. Other than that it was dreadfully slow and dull. Last night's (wednesday night) show, on the other hand, was wonderful! It was called 'A Disappearing Number, and was about the Indian mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan. Well, there was a bit of other plot in there, but the most interesting story was Ramanujans. He's close to my heart because when I wrote my Calc II paper in High school on predator/prey relationships through series, I had to use Ramanujans name as my alias so that my peers could review it objectively. That's beside the point. Point is: Classes and theater are keeping me busy. Though as it turns out there are only three people taking my bio class as an advanced course, therefore we get to do lots of 1:3 discussions with our Prof, which is kind of cool.

Anyway, i'm sorry there are no pictures today. I took lots, but my camera is over 5 ft away, which qualifies it as 'too far'. However, it has been suggested that I post my address here, if only so I can't complain at not receiving any post yet. So here's my address, you can put any name you like on there so long as it ends with 'Miller'.

[Insert Name Here]
London Centre
7 Brechin Place
London, Eng
SW7 4QB

I leave tomorrow at 6pm for Wales, but i'll be back on sunday and i'll post again soon. Till then, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I suggested emailing me your address...not putting it on the whole wide web for the world to see...silly college lass.

    Would you crochet if I sent you some yarn and a hook? Anything in particular you'd like to see arrive in a care package? Other than Lola, her freezy pops would melt before she got there.

    ReplyDelete