Sunday, October 5, 2008

What did I learn today?




Today I learned that I should carry a compass. Actually I learned that lesson a few days ago, when I went on an epic 7 mile journey from chelsea, to the thames, to westminster, up to Buckingham palace and the royal parks, over along Knightsbridge, and back down cromwell to home. Had I had along a compass it wouldn't have been nearly so long, but the exploration was not necessarily regretted. I also learned how to use a calling card today, which was lovely, and I brewed up my first bit of english tea when I got home. I've finally bought an oyster card, so soon i'll spread out beyond western london, and i'm sure there will be a whole new set of lessons to be learned when that comes about. I suppose I ought to add some pictures at some point. Right, off I go on that mission!

1 comment:

  1. If you twittered I would follow you! I think you can find me (no one follows me, but then again I don't ever tweet, so...) as MarivicV.

    Something like that.

    How are the Pumas working out? You should splurge for good shoes if they're not working out, sounds like you're walking everywhere.

    And, NO BIKE! Just run REALLY fast crossing streets! And then rely on the tube (or whatever the mass transit system is), would rather you not be flattened by traffic while studying abroad.

    xoxo
    mum

    ReplyDelete