Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Clubs clubs clubs!

So many clubs, so little time! Today was the 'freshers fair', which is basically a crazy huge activities fair where all the uni clubs and societies set up recruitment tables. The one at Lawrence takes up the first floor of our main rec center gym, the one here at Imperial was about five times as big. It was nuts! There were too many clubs to name, but in the end I settled on a few select groups to join: The Juggling club (of course), the Mountaineering group (rock climbing and ice climbing), the outdoor rec group (camping, hiking, canoeing, more climbing, etc), the Caving club (wahoo! There's a trip to South Wales two weekends from now that I DEFINITELY want to go on!) and alright, I signed up to receive info about the rowing club (but I swear i'll only watch! ....) I briefly entertained the idea of the riding club, till I saw the price listings, and i'm sure my email ended up on a number of other groups that i'll never actually attend. There were three clubs I found especially entertaining: The Tea club and the Cheese club, both created to sample, discuss, and ingest the many variations of their chosen dishes, and the Meat club, created specifically in retaliation to the vegetarian society.

We took a stroll through Hyde park yesterday after classes were up (they all seem like they'll be fun enough) and I took some pictures. The last one is from my window in my room, a look down Brechin Place. Hopefully i'll actually become active in the clubs I joined, and hopefully i'll continue to enjoy the classes I signed up for. And that's it for now, i'll write again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your pictures and especially the one out of your window. I could almost see some guy in a grey suit and skimmer strolling along singing "On the Street Where You Live". Have a great trip to South Wales and take lots of pics.
    Grandpa M

    ReplyDelete