Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Not much to report on

Well, not too much has been going on. My first week of classes just wrapped up for the week, and i've got a mountain of reading to do over the weekend. But that's not going to stop me! I think i'll maybe go to Covent Gardens tomorrow, i'm going to visit Darwin's house and property on friday, I think i'll take a day trip on saturday to the seaside at Brighton, and sunday shall be my day of reading. Sounds like a productive weekend, yeah? And things look good for the trip to South Wales the weekend after, so keep your fingers crossed.

Tonight Kylie and I sat around for a good hour naming off all the food we miss from home. Many notable recipes were mentioned, including (but not limited to) chicken chicken, frog eye salad, strawberry pie, cottage cheese pancakes, yams, stuffing (there was actually a whole 15 minute set about thanksgiving in general, so i'll just breeze over that), apple crisp, and much much more. In the end we realized we have A) No baking supplies B) No kitchenware with which to bake the supplies we don't have and C) No oven in which to put the kitchenware with which we can't bake the supplies we don't have. It was a sad conclusion to a nostalgic hour, but we made a trek to Sainsbury's (the nearest grocery), bought some instant cookie dough, and sat round the kitchen table eating it with a knife. I think of the poorly spent evening and it's made better by the prospective productivity of this weekend.

And sad to say I haven't taken any pictures since I last posted, but fear not there will be many more to come following this weekend i'm sure. I did see a show at Picadilly last night, but since I didn't bring my camera i'll just post a picture of the program. It was an excellent show, based off of the Hitchcock film, based off of the book. This is me signing off, i'll write again soon!

1 comment: