Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pictures of Scotland!


So, once again i'm on Kylie's computer, for the sake of posting pictures. Last night I went to an Ani Difranco concert, and heard a few other bands as well, and that was awesome- almost surreal. I didn't think i'd ever see her live, so to be in the front row of a sold out HUGE theater in London was amazing!
In this photo I was climbing unassisted up the North face of the mountain. I probably should have had someone with me, but I just kept repeating to myself the saying I'd heard so much as a child: If you can get yourself up, you can get yourself back down again. Then I remembered that it was Chris that used to say that, when I was all of 9 years old, climbing trees at the park with him underneath. A far cry from climbing mountains in Scotland, with hundreds of feet beneath me and no hospital for miles. Oh well!

This is the Irish sea, as the sun was setting and clouds were coming in. The sun is still poking through a bit though. I have probably 60 photos from this day alone, because the views were just breathtaking. However, for lack of space and motivation, I picked this on as a highlight.
This is near the top of the mountain from the first day. I'm standing on the very edge of a very steep cliff, and it was very windy, so my face is one of nervousness. I didn't take any pictures at the top because by then we were in the clouds, so not only would my camera get wet but all you'd see is white reflection. Oh, and yes, those are jeans I was wearing, and yes that was a horrible way to climb a mountain, but no I did not have anything else to wear. Pay attention to the mountain you see in the upper left corner, you'll see it again in the next photo.


This is the near-end of the moutain from the first day. This day was much wetter, but still amazing. Behind me is the river we followed down from up top, and you can see mountains beyond it. The peak you see in the upper right is the same peak I pointed out in the previous picture, from the other side. Where we are here is where the vegetation is finally cropping up again (trees, bushes, etc) but we are far from the being at the bottom again.


This was on the way up the mountain from the first day (I know, out of order, so sue me). Sorry, no Lochness monster in the lake down there, but there are some sheep behind me! I think I have an odd expression on my face, but I blame that on the fact that I didn't realize the photo was being taken just then. Had I known I assure you there would be a look of utter joy ;)







And I guess that's it for now. I have to go write a 700 word review of the show White Devil, which is all about Italian corruption and the catholic church. So off I go, i'll write again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Save yourself 699 words, just say (to Catholic Corruption): yes.

    Ok, that's why you're the one all scholarly over there and I'm stuck behind a desk.

    Thanks for posting pics! It's completely awesome to see what you're up to (but holy canoli girl, use a spotter??)

    What can I put in the care package (mailing TOMORROW) for Kaylie since she's been so nice about you using her computer?

    ReplyDelete