Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And then the homework comes...

So, I realized today that I have a paper and a presentation due next wednesday, as well as another paper due on Friday. *le sigh* Ah well, I suppose the time of no homework had to end at some point. Today I went to see a show called 'The White Devil' and guess who sat across from me at the theater? Alan Rickman, AKA Severus Snape from the Harry Potter movies. So that's the fourth actor from the HP movies that i've seen thus far. Funny funny. I'm working on uploading images from Scotland, but my computer really is broken (I had hoped it would be temporary) and there's no memory card reader in the public computers upstairs. This weekend i'm hoping to (in between writing papers/presentations) get to Brighton, on the coast of England. I'll try to post pictures from that as well, someday.

In food news: I cooked proper food this week, making my mum's Chicken Chicken recipe. There was an epic hunt for tin foil (I don't have a pan to bake chicken in, and I also only had £1.20 in change, these were the hurdles) but in the end I found success. Today I splurged and bought some delicious chinese food from a street vendor at Camden High Street. It just looked so good...It called to me. That was quite exciting, and I think I ate it so fast it would be more aptly described as inhaling it. Mmmmm.

And now it is nearly half midnight, and I still have to do my biotech homework for tomorrows class. Remember the good old days when I was just in London going to classes but not actually doing any homework? Yeah, I miss those days. Strange to think i've been here a month already- it's nearly halfway done! Crazy days. I'll try to write again soon, and thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure who was squealing louder last night - Danielle ("SCAPE! OMG!!") or Lola ("BUNGBOB!!").

    It was nice talking to you last night but I do hope you get your computer and/or webcam fixed!

    xoxo
    mum

    ReplyDelete